If you have bed bugs in your home, it can be frightening. After all, you have probably heard horror stories about just how difficult bed bugs are to get rid of. However, if you follow a certain protocol, it can be easy and quicker than you otherwise might have expected. Here are five tips to help you control bed bugs while waiting for the professional treatment that you need:
- Double Check That They are Bed Bugs: Before you actually call the professionals, be sure that it really is bed bugs you are dealing with and not fleas or some other minor issue like ticks. You can check online to compare the insects by enlarged pictures and this should help you determine what type of insect you have found in your home. Once you determine it really is bed bugs, you can call the professionals and set up an appointment.
- Don't Throw Things Away: Once bed bugs are discovered, many homeowners begin to panic and think that they need to throw all their mattresses, pillows, blankets, sofas, and more out onto the street. However, this is not the case. The professionals you hire can easily treat these things and ensure that bed bugs are no longer hiding inside of them. There may be some items that need to be thrown away in the end of the process, but not all.
- Clean Your Clutter: Before the professionals arrive to your home for treatment, you can make it much easier for them by reducing the amount of clutter in your home. An excess amount of clutter can easily create even more spaces for bed bugs to hide, which makes them much more difficult to completely get rid of. This can result in the treatment process taking much more time than you wanted it to.
- Wash Your Sheets and Hamper: One thing you want to do is wash your sheets every day during the treatment process. This is going to help reduce the number of bed bugs. You also want to be sure that you are cleaning out your hamper every day to ensure that there are no bed bugs hiding in this space either.
- Be Careful When Throwing Things Away: If you do end up having to get rid of some furniture, such as your mattress, you want to be sure that you destroy is thoroughly by doing things, such as cutting it up or burning it. This is going to prevent someone else from picking up the mattress when they see it on the side of the road and bringing bed bugs into their own home.
By considering these five tips, you can easily be bed bug free in no time at all. Contact local bed bug removal professionals, such as those from Pest Control Solutions, for further assistance.